To be considered for 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must:
- have received a Ph.D. after January 1, 2014, but before beginning the fellowship;
- be legally permitted to work in the United States or Canada between 2019 and 2021 during the fellowship;
- submit a complete application package, including all supporting documentation, and
- attend the program’s mandatory seminar to be held July 28 – August 3, 2019 at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, PA.
- September 2018: Fellowship application period opens.
- January 4, 2019: Fellowship application deadline.
- February-June 2019: CLIR will forward all qualified applicants’ information to relevant host institutions; each host institution conducts its own review process. The timeline and procedures for reviewing applications vary widely from institution to institution. For details, see Frequently Asked Questions.
- June-September 2019: Fellowships begin (exact dates vary by institution).
- July 28-August 3, 2019: All fellows must attend an intensive introductory seminar held at Bryn Mawr College.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must register and establish a personal user ID and password within the application system. A complete application consists of the following items:
- a completed and submitted online application
- a current curriculum vitae for the applicant
- a document containing the applicant’s written response to a question about the ways research methodologies and/or the dissemination of scholarship in their fields have changed.
- three names of reference providers and their contact information
- graduate school transcripts
Further Information for Applicants
Additional questions about the application process or the program may be directed to email@example.com.