To be considered for 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must:
- have received a Ph.D. after January 1, 2014, but before beginning the fellowship;
- be legally permitted to work in the United States or Canada between 2019 and 2021 during the fellowship;
- submit a complete application package, including all supporting documentation, and
- attend the program’s mandatory seminar to be held July 28 – August 3, 2019 at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, PA.
- September 2018: Fellowship application period opens.
- January 4, 2019: Fellowship application deadline. (Accepted on a rolling basis.)
- February-June 2019: CLIR will forward all qualified applicants’ information to relevant host institutions; each host institution conducts its own review process. The timeline and procedures for reviewing applications vary widely from institution to institution. For details, see Frequently Asked Questions.
- June-September 2019: Fellowships begin (exact dates vary by institution).
- July 28-August 3, 2019: All fellows must attend an intensive introductory seminar held at Bryn Mawr College.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must register and establish a personal user ID and password within the application system. A complete application consists of the following items:
- a completed and submitted online application
- a current curriculum vitae for the applicant
- a document containing the applicant’s written response to a question about the ways research methodologies and/or the dissemination of scholarship in their fields have changed.
- three names of reference providers and their contact information
- graduate school transcripts
Important Note: You must hit the “review and submit” button once your application is complete in order to receive an email confirmation of your submission.
Further Information for Applicants
Additional questions about the application process or the program may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.