Note: CLIR is not offering any grant-supported fellowships in Data Curation for Energy Economics in 2019. Any host institution interested in supporting a fellow in this area should consult For Hosts: Academic Libraries.
The following information pertains to the 2018 Fellowships, which have already been filled and is strictly for informational purposes.
These two-year fellowships include an education program supported by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and will provide recent Ph.D.s with professional development, education, and training opportunities in data curation for energy economics. The fellows’ work must draw upon their disciplinary expertise in order to help advance data curation practices and services at their host institutions.
- Calendar and duration: The two-year fellowships must begin between June and September, 2018. All new fellows must complete a residential training seminar held July 29 – August 4, 2018 at Bryn Mawr College.
- Eligibility: All fellows must have completed the Ph.D. within the five years preceding the fellowship appointment.
- Subject areas: Open to any specialty or domain in energy economics in which the Ph.D. is the terminal degree.
- Salary and Funding: For institutions hosting fellows in data curation for energy economics, CLIR will pay 50% of the fellow’s salary (set at $70,000 per year) and a portion of the benefits costs ($10,150 per year) in semi-annual installments. The host institution will be responsible for making up the difference between the benefits costs provided by CLIR and the full benefits package offered at the institution. CLIR will pay all costs for the fellow’s education and training throughout the two-year fellowship (a $20,000 value), including all travel, room, and board costs for required program meetings held each summer and winter, as well as regular online symposia. All additional costs related to the fellowship (such as recruitment costs, moving expenses, and indirect costs) are the responsibility of host institutions.
- October 2017: Fellowship position descriptions will be posted on this website.
- December 29, 2017: Fellowship applications due from candidates. Review of fellowship applications begins at CLIR.
- February 2018: Applications from qualified candidates will be forwarded to host institutions.
- June 1, 2018: Target deadline for all 2018 postdoctoral fellowship positions to be filled.
- July 29 – August 4, 2018: Introductory seminar for all 2018 postdoctoral fellows at Bryn Mawr College.
- Questions about the Fellowships in Data Curation for Energy Economics should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.