The Council on Library and Information Resources is pleased to announce the continuation of the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowships in Academic Libraries in 2019. These fellowships are flexible within the program’s overall goals and guidelines and can be designed as best suits an institution’s individual needs. The one- to two-year positions are for recent Ph.D. graduates working in any discipline.
- Institutions interested in hosting a future Postdoctoral Fellow in Academic Libraries should consult “Information for Hosts: Fellowships in Academic Libraries,” then contact Alice Bishop. Prospective hosts will be asked to provide a position description. Inquiries about and applications to host future Fellows in Academic Libraries are accepted year-round.
- Applicants for the Postdoctoral Fellowships in Academic Libraries should consult “Information for Applicants: Fellowships in Academic Libraries,” noting the relevant deadlines below.
- September 2018: Fellowship application period opens.
- Fall 2018: Position descriptions to be posted on CLIR’s website under “For Applicants.”
- January 4, 2019: Individual fellowship applications due.
- February 2019: Fellowship applications forwarded to all selected host institutions.
- June 1, 2019: Target deadline for all 2019 postdoctoral fellowship positions to be filled.
- Late July – early August 2019: Introductory seminar for all 2019 postdoctoral fellows at Bryn Mawr College.