These two-year fellowships, which are supported by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, will provide five recent Ph.D.s with professional development, education, and training opportunities in data curation for African American and African Studies. The fellows’ work must draw upon their disciplinary expertise in order to help advance data curation practices and services at their host institutions.
- Institutions interested in hosting Postdoctoral Fellows in Data Curation for African American and African Studies should consult “For Hosts-Fellowships in Data Curation for African American and African Studies.”
- Applicants for the Postdoctoral Fellowships in Data Curation for African American and African Studies should consult “For Applicants,” and “For Applicants-Fellowships in Data Curation for African American and African Studies,” noting the relevant deadlines below.
- Recipients of the Postdoctoral Fellowships in Data Curation for African American and African Studies should consult “Information for Recipients: Fellowships in Data Curation.”
- September 2018: Fellowship and host application period opens.
- November 15, 2018: Host applications due.
- Early December 2018: Job descriptions to be posted on CLIR’s website.
- January 4, 2019: Fellowship applications due from candidates.
- February 2019: Applications from qualified candidates will be forwarded to host institutions.
- June 1, 2019: Target deadline for all 2019 postdoctoral fellowship positions to be filled.
- Early July – late August 2019: Introductory seminar for all 2019 postdoctoral fellows at Bryn Mawr College.