These two-year fellowships, supported by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, will provide recent Ph.D.s with professional development, education, and training opportunities in data curation for Latin American and Caribbean Studies. The fellows’ work must draw upon their disciplinary expertise in order to help advance data curation practices and services at their host institutions. For this program, Latin American and Caribbean Studies encompass modes of inquiry from numerous fields, including history, sociology, art, archaeology, literature, political science, geography, gender studies, and economics. The fellowships are designed to support international partnerships in the service of cross-disciplinary humanities research and in building greater capacity for digitizing original materials, for sharing related digital data, and for developing humanities computing infrastructure to sustain these resources.
- Institutions interested in hosting CLIR/DLF Postdoctoral Fellows in Data Curation for Latin American and Caribbean Studies should consult “For Hosts-Fellowships in Data Curation for Latin American and Caribbean Studies.”
- Applicants for the CLIR/DLF Postdoctoral Fellowships in Data Curation for Latin American and Caribbean Studies should consult “For Applicants,” and “For Applicants-Fellowships in Data Curation for Latin American and Caribbean Studies,” noting the relevant deadlines below.
- Recipients of the Postdoctoral Fellowships in Data Curation for Latin American and Caribbean Studies should consult “Information for Recipients: Fellowships in Data Curation.”
- September 2017: Host and fellowship application period opens.
- October 18, 2017: Host applications due by 5:00 pm EST.
- November/December 2017: Job descriptions to be posted on CLIR’s website.
- December 29, 2017: Fellowship applications due from candidates. Review of fellowship applications begins at CLIR.
- February 2018: Applications from qualified candidates will be forwarded to host institutions.
- June 1, 2018: Target deadline for all 2018 postdoctoral fellowship positions to be filled.
- July 29 – August 4, 2018: Introductory seminar for all 2018 postdoctoral fellows at Bryn Mawr College.