This program was created to prepare a new generation of librarians and scholars for work at the intersections of scholarship, teaching and librarianship in the emerging research environment. Since 2004, 190 individuals have received fellowships through this program, engaging in a variety of exciting projects and initiatives.
Important Documents and Links
- Code of Conduct
- Travel Policy (.pdf)
- Travel Expenses Reimbursement Form (for required program meetings; .xls)
- Research Stipend Information For Fellows in Data Curation (grant-funded fellowships only)
- Summer Seminar Agenda
- CLIR Postdoctoral Fellows list on Twitter
- CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program LinkedIn Group
- Microgrants Presentation 2019
NOTE: Grant-funded fellows should report on how they used their stipends in their June reports. They do not need to submit receipts.
- Supervisor Reports (2017-2019 cohort)
- Supervisor Reports (2018-2020 cohort)
- Financial reporting template
As of September 2018, CLIR has instituted a new reporting system in SMApply.
Important Note: In order for our system to recognize that your report is complete, you must hit the “review and submit” button.
An account has already been created with your email address, so please do not log-in via Twitter, Facebook, or Google. Your username and password will be sent to you approximately one month prior to your reporting deadline. For any questions or to receive your account information sooner, email email@example.com.
Report Due Dates
- Exit Report: June 30, 2019 (or last day of fellowship, if later)
- 1st Interim Report: December 31, 2018
- 2nd Interim Report: June 30, 2019
- 3rd Interim Report: December 31, 2019
- Exit Report: June 30, 2020 (or last day of fellowship, if later)
Upcoming Education and Training Program Dates:
Online sessions are held virtually during the academic year, in months during which there is no other required program meeting. Information about each session is posted approximately one week in advance on the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program community discussion board on CLIR Connect.
- July 28 – August 3, 2019: Summer seminar for 2019-2021 postdoctoral fellows at Bryn Mawr College.
- October 13 – 16, 2019: Digital Library Federation (DLF) Forum for 2018-2020 postdoctoral fellows in Tampa, Florida.
- March 29 – 31, 2020: Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) meeting for 2019-2021 postdoctoral fellows in San Diego, California.
For examples of topics and speakers from past online sessions, see Past Education and Training Program Dates.
For other events of interest, see: DLF Community Calendar, which lists conferences and events of interest to fellows.
- Alice Bishop oversees the program and handles application queries.
- Diane Ramirez processes reimbursement requests and handles meeting planning.
- Jodi Reeves Eyre coordinates all data management, web, and educational activities for the program.
- Christa Williford oversees all program research and assessment.
- With CLIR staff, Elliott Shore, CLIR Distinguished Presidential Fellow, and Lauren Coats, Associate Professor at Louisiana State University, manage the educational components of this program.