Past Education Program Dates
CLIR offers regular in-person and virtual professional development and educational opportunities to fellows, as well as formal and informal mentorship opportunities. Below is a list of past educational opportunities.
- November 18: Remote Sensing Sync Session with Jessica Trelogan, led by the 2018 CLIR Cohort Satellite Imagery/Remote Sensing Inquiry Group
- November 18: The Book Proposal Process with Elizabeth Ault and Marcia Chatelain
- October 24: Check-in for new fellows Synchronous Session
- October 4: 2019-2020 CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Mentorship Pilot Introductory Synchronous Session
- September 30: Synchronous Session on Project Management featuring Trevor Muñoz, led by Kevin Winstead
- September 25: CLIR Postdoctoral Data Curation Education Fund Information Synchronous Session
- August 27: Synchronous Session on 2018 fellows’ Inquiry Groups
- July 28 – August 3: Summer seminar for 2019 fellows
- June 11: Orientation Synchronous Session for new 2019 fellows
- May 17: Synchronous Session on 2018 fellows’ Inquiry Groups
- May 8: Synchronous Session on 2017 fellowship projects
- April 8-10: CNI Spring Membership meeting for all 2018 postdoctoral fellows in St. Louis, Missouri
- April 3: Synchronous Session on 2017 fellows’ Inquiry Groups
- March 20: Synchronous Session on microgrants featuring Alex Galarza and Lorena Gauthereau
- March 6: Synchronous Session on Career Advice and Planning featuring Fenella France and Kyle Parry
- February 6: Synchronous Session featuring fellows’ ‘Elevator Pitch’ videos with Austin Booth, David Gift, and Daniel Reid as reviewers and commentators
- January 23: Synchronous Session on 2018-2020 fellowship projects
- November 15: Synchronous Session on Time and Supervisor Management, featuring Marta Brunner and Kelly Miller
- October 14-17: Mid-Year Meeting 2017 fellows/Digital Library Federation Forum, Las Vegas, NV
- October 3: Synchronous Session on 2017 fellows’ Inquiry Groups
- September 26: Synchronous Session on Project Management, featuring Eric Kaltman and Emily Sherwood
- July 29-August 4: Summer seminar for 2018 fellows
- June 11: Synchronous Session. Orientation for new 2018 fellows
- May 23: Synchronous Session on 2016-2018 fellowship projects
- April 11-13: CNI Spring Membership meeting for all 2017 postdoctoral fellows in San Diego, CA
- April 5: Synchronous Session on fellows’ Inquiry Groups
- March 29: Synchronous Session featuring fellows’ ‘Elevator Pitch’ videos with Austin Booth, Dave Gift, and Daniel Reid as reviewers and commentators
- February 27: Synchronous Session on Career Planning featuring Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Sharon Ivy Weiss, and Jodi Reeves Eyre
- February 21: Synchronous Session on microgrants featuring Zack Lischer-Katz and Heather Wacha
- January 24: Synchronous Session on Intellectual Property and Copyright featuring Sharon Farb
- January 18: Synchronous Session on Preparing for the Library Job Search, featuring Emily Sherwood
- December 12: Synchronous Session on Supervisors and Time Management, featuring Kelly Miller and Rachel Deblinger
- November 16: Synchronous Session on Interviewing Tips for Tenure Track Jobs, featuring Meg Norcia
- October 31: Synchronous Session on Teaching a Workshop featuring Katie Rawson, led by Jennifer Grayburn
- October 22-25: Mid-Year Meeting 2016 Fellows/Digital Library Federation Forum, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 27: Synchronous Session on Project Management featuring Liz Grumbach, led by Hannah Alpert-Abrams
- September 14: Synchronous Session on Inquiry Groups for 2016 fellows
- August 2: Synchronous Session on the Maintainers research network featuring Andrew Russell and Lee Vinsel
- July 23-29: Summer seminar for new fellows
- June 21: Synchronous Session. Orientation for new 2017 fellows
- May 4: Synchronous Session. Webinar on preserving 3D digital artifacts featuring panelists Zack Lischer-Katz, Ed Triplett, and Wayne Graham, led by Kristy Golubiewski-Davis
- April 2-4: Mid-Year Meeting/CNI Membership Meeting, Albuquerque, NM
- March 21: Synchronous Session. Webinar on project management featuring Kieran Healy, led by Jacob Levernier
- March 15: Synchronous Session: “Legal Issues and Risk Management Strategies for Archival Digitization projects,” featuring Chris Bavitz, Brandon Butler, and Jessica Meyerson
- February 22: Synchronous Session. Webinar on microgrants featuring Tamsyn Rose-Steel and Philip Palmer
- February 16: Synchronous Session. Webinar on computational skills and practices for humanists featuring James Pennebaker, led by Elizabeth Parke
- January 18: Synchronous Session. Webinar featuring fellows’ ‘Elevator Pitch’ videos with Brett Bobley, Austin Booth, Lauren Coats, Dave Gift, Elliott Shore, and Christa Wiliford as reviewers and commentators
- January 5: Synchronous Session. Webinar featuring David Brock and Hansen Hsu of the Computer History Museum’s Center for Software History
- December 13: Synchronous Session featuring Amelia Acker of the University of Texas iSchool and Jessica Meyerson of the Software Preservation Network.
- December 7: Synchronous Session. Check-in for continuing fellows with Elliott Shore.
- December 6: Synchronous Session. Check-in for new fellows with Elliott Shore and Lauren Coats.
- November 15: Synchronous Session: “Dryad Digital Repository”, featuring Elizabeth Hull, led by Mason Scott Thompson and Paul Broyles.
- November 6-9: Winter Meeting / Digital Library Federation Forum, Milwaukee, WI
- October 24: Synchronous Session. Open-mic session featuring Clifford Lynch of CNI, led by Elliott Shore.
- September 23: Synchronous Session. Check-in for new and continuing fellows with Lauren Coats followed by a presentation on “Faculty Interview Pilot”, featuring postdoctoral fellow Martin Tsang (University of Miami).
- July 24-31: Summer seminar for new fellows
- June 23: Synchronous Session. “Project Management”, featuring CLIR Technical Director Wayne Graham.
- June 22: Synchronous Session. Orientation webinar for new 2016 fellows.
- May 25: Synchronous Session: Check-in for 2014-2016 fellows with Lauren Coats and Elliott Shore,
- April 13: Synchronous Session: “Interview with Chuck Humphrey, Director of the CARL Portage Network”, led by Todd Suomela.
- April 3-5: Mid-Year Meeting / CNI Membership Meeting, San Antonio, TX
- March 16: Synchronous Session: “Digital Humanities Centers”, featuring Miriam Posner, led by Carrie Johnston.
- February 17: Synchronous Session: “Media Ecology Project: Online Access for Scholars Adds Value to Media Archives”, featuring Mark Williams and John Bell, led by Melissa Dinsman.
- January 27: Synchronous Session. “Data Infrastructure and Sustainability”, featuring Fran Berman, led by Chreston Miller and Fernando Rios.
- December 1: Synchronous Session.”Universal Access to All Knowledge”, featuring Brewster Kahle, led by Dimitrios Latsis.
- November 16: Synchronous Session. Check-in for new fellows with Lauren Coats and Elliott Shore.
- October 25-28: Winter Meeting / Digital Library Federation Forum, Vancouver, BC
- October 12: Synchronous Session. “Topic Modeling”, featuring Micki Kaufman, led by Ed Triplett.
- September 16: Synchronous Session. Webinar with DLF Director Bethany Nowviskie, led by Lindsay Van Tine.
- July 26-August 2: Summer seminar for new fellows.
- June 15: Synchronous Session. Orientation webinar for new 2015 fellows.
- May 26: Synchronous Session. 2013-2015 fellows showcase of project work.
- April 30: Synchronous Session. “IMLS National Digital Platform,” featuring Trevor Owens, led by Alice Bishop.
- March 17: Synchronous Session.”Omeka: Visualizing Digital Collections,” featuring Alexandra Bolintineanu and Will Cowan, led by Emily McGinn and Meridith Beck Sayre.
- February 11: Synchronous Session. “Data Management and Linked Open Data,” featuring Karl Benedict and Plato Smith, led by Plato Smith.
- January 27: Synchronous Session. “Professional Branding and Marketing,” featuring Amanda French and Hannah Rasmussen, led by Elliott Shore.
- December 7-11: Winter Meeting / CNI Membership Meeting, Washington, DC
- November 13: Synchronous Session. “Managing Digital Projects,” featuring Trevor Muñoz, led by Rachel Deblinger.
- October 25-29: Winter Meeting / Digital Library Federation Forum, Atlanta, GA
- October 23: Synchronous Session. “Copyright and IP,” featuring Sharon Farb, led by Tim Norris and Stephanie Simms.
- September 24: Synchronous Session. Check-in for new fellows with Lauren Coats and Elliott Shore.
- July 28-August 5: Summer Seminar for new fellows.
- June 24: Synchronous Session. “CLIR as a College,” featuring Charles Henry, led by Tamsyn Rose-Steel.
- May 29: Synchronous Session. “Personal Marketing and Job Seeking Strategies,” featuring Elliott Shore and Hannah Rasmussen.
- April 25: Synchronous Session. “Fellowship Updates,” featuring all current fellows, led by Rita Van Duinen and Christa Williford.
- March 14: Synchronous Session. “The Digital Public Library of America,” featuring Dan Cohen, led by Justin Schell.
- February 17: Synchronous Session. “Dataverse/Data Centers,” featuring Jon Crabtree, led by Colleen Strawhacker.
- January 24: Synchronous Session. “Born Digital Archives,” featuring Dawn Schmitz, led by Amy Chen and Jodi Flores.
- December 7-11: Winter Meeting / CNI Membership Meeting, Washington, DC.
- November 25: Synchronous Session. “Project Management,” featuring Delphine Khanna and Matt Shoemaker, led by Hannah Rasmussen.
- October 21: Synchronous Session. “Bridging the Library/Faculty Divide,” featuring Kelly Miller and Gabrielle Dean, led by John Kratz and Bridget Whearty.
- September 20: Synchronous Session.Check-in for new fellows with Lauren Coats and Elliott Shore.
- August 1: Summer seminar sessions for supervisors of new fellows (pdf).
- July 28-August 6: Summer seminar for new fellows (pdf).
- May 14: Synchronous session on environmental sciences data curation featuring Carly Strasser. Hosted by Ting Wang.
- April 16: Synchronous session on linked data featuring Jon Voss. Hosted by Inna Kouper.
- March 27: Synchronous session featuring Michael Eisen. Hosted by Vessela Ensberg.
- February 7: Synchronous session. “Re-visiting Open Access from a Policy, Data, and Publishing Perspective,” featuring Spencer Keralis, University of North Texas, and Patricia Hswe, Penn State University. Hosted by Natsuko Nicholls.
- January 7-10: Postdoctoral Fellowship Winter Meeting at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- December 19: Synchronous session on management of geographic data featuring Michael Goodchild, UCSB. Hosted by Dewayne Branch.
- November 19: Synchronous session on the history of social science data management featuring Wendy Thomas, University of Minnesota. Hosted by Brock Dubbels.
- October 25: Synchronous session on research and research tools in the digital humanities featuring Stéfan Sinclair, McGill University. Hosted by Matt Lavin and Jennifer Parrott.
- September 19: Synchronous session for new fellows only–fellows’ progress reports.
- July 22-August 3: Summer seminar for 2012 fellows.
Postdocs in the US