Information for Applicants
CLIR is currently reviewing all submitted applications and will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis until further notice. In order to improve your chances of being considered for the most positions, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Applicants may indicate which fellowship opportunity or opportunities best suit their qualifications when completing their online application, but applicants are normally considered for all potentially relevant and available positions. The same application is used for all positions.
To be considered for 2014 Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must:
- have received a Ph.D. after January 1, 2009, but before beginning the fellowship;
- be legally permitted to work in the United States and/or Canada between 2014 and 2016;
- submit a complete application package, including all supporting documentation, and
- attend the program's mandatory seminar in July/August 2014.
- September 2013: Fellowship application period opens.
- December 27, 2013: CLIR begins review of applications.
- February-June 2014: CLIR will forward all qualified applicants' information to relevant host institutions; each host institution conducts its own review process. The timeline and procedures for reviewing applications vary widely from institution to institution. For details, see Frequently Asked Questions.
- June-September 2014: Fellowships begin (exact dates vary by institution).
- July/August 2014: All fellows must attend an intensive introductory seminar at Bryn Mawr College.
Applicants must register and establish a personal user ID and password within the application system. A complete application consists of the following items:
- a completed and submitted online application
- a current curriculum vitae for the applicant
- a document containing the applicant's written responses to questions about their own research practices and the ways practices are changing in their fields
- three letters of reference submitted by reference providers through the online application system
- graduate school transcripts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Previous Postdoctoral Fellowship Position Descriptions (for reference only)
Additional questions about the application process or the program may be directed to email@example.com.