Thanks to the generosity of Mathilde and Howard Rovelstad, CLIR awarded 16 scholarships to students enrolled in 15 different library and information science programs between 2003 and 2018. Now that the funds have been fully expended, CLIR is no longer soliciting candidates for this scholarship.
The following information pertains to the 2018 scholarship and is purely for informational purposes.
The scholarship is intended to encourage students who have an interest in international library work and enable them to participate in IFLA early in their careers. The 2018 IFLA annual meeting takes place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 24-30, 2018. The scholarship is made possible through the generosity of Mathilde and Howard Rovelstad.
Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited school of library and information science at the time of the 2018 IFLA annual meeting. They must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Applicants should have an interest in cooperative endeavors with international libraries, international standards, or other international library and information issues.
The scholarship covers conference registration, passport fee (if applicable), international economy-class air travel, ground transportation, meals, and lodging.
- Complete applications must be submitted using CLIR’s online application form by January 26, 2018. (The application deadline has passed; CLIR is no longer accepting applications.)
- The award recipient will be notified by April 5, 2018.
A complete application consists of the following items submitted through CLIR’s online application system:
- a completed and submitted online application form;
- official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate-school records; and
- two letters of reference submitted by reference providers through the online application system.
Questions about the application process or the program should be directed to email@example.com