Speakers’ presentation slides from the 2004 Sponsors’ Symposium held April 13 in Washington, D.C. are available below. Some presentations are missing-we will post others when we receive them. Most of these files are the original Microsoft PowerPoint versions: after you have downloaded them, you will need PowerPoint on your computer in order to view them. Crandall Shifflett’s presentation is in Microsoft Word.
- Welcoming remarks. 194KB file. Richard Detweiler, Interim President, Council on Library and Information Resources
- Righting the Balance: Space for Learning in Libraries. 3.2MB file.
Scott Bennett, Librarian Emeritus, Yale University, and author of Libraries Designed for Learning
- The Library’s Role in the Reinvention of Undergraduate Education. 13.7MB file.
Patricia Iannuzzi, Associate University Librarian University of California, Berkeley
- The Growth of Self-Contained, Interactive Web Sites for Teaching, Learning, and Research: The Case of Virtual Jamestown. 64KB file.
Crandall Shifflett, Director of Graduate Studies, Department of History, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and creator of Virtual Jamestown
- The Virtual Approach to Education: Reshaping the Role of the Library. 248KB file.
Marti Watson Garlett, Dean, Teachers College of Western Governors University
- New Trends in Faculty Use of Digital Resources. 300KB file.
Roger Schonfeld, Coordinator of Research, Ithaka