January 11, 2017
The first webinar in the series provides a solid understanding of successful project preparation.
January 18, 2017
Featured speaker: Rosemary Pleva Flynn, Principal Librarian, Library and Information Services Team Lead, Energy and Environmental Research Center (EERC) at the University of North Dakota. Slides only | Slides with script | Script only | Recommended Resources | Evaluation Survey
The second webinar in the series provides an overview of issues related to budget creation and management.
January 25, 2017
The third webinar in the series addresses personnel issues, from full-time staff to interns and volunteers.
February 1, 2017
The fourth webinar in the series discusses issues related to cataloging and processing.
February 8, 2017
Featured speakers: Jessica Bitely, Director of Preservation Services, Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC); and Yvonne Ng, Senior Archivist, WITNESS. Slides only | Slides with script | Script only | Recommended Resources | Evaluation Survey
The fifth webinar in the series discusses a variety of challenges professionals may encounter as they care for their collections.
February 15, 2017
Closing the loop: Project assessment and leveraging goals for future planning Featured speaker: Ellen Ryan, Head of Special Collections and Archives and Assistant Professor, Idaho State University. Slides only | Slides with script | Script only | Recommended Resources | Evaluation Survey
The sixth and final webinar in the series considers what happens as a project concludes, including issues related to outreach and assessment.
For the benefit of those who would like to plan similar projects, CLIR has the following resources:
- Planning Virtual Meetings and Webinars (part of the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit)
- Webinar Speaker Agreement Template (.docx)
- Curriculum Committee Agreement Template (for webinar series, .docx)
- Example Webinar Survey (.pdf)
Strategies for Advancing Hidden Collections Curriculum Committee
- Stephanie Gaub Antequino, Memorabilia Archivist, Planet Hollywood International
- Casey Davis, Project Manager, American Archive of Public Broadcasting, WGBH-Boston
- Tamar Evangelista-Dougherty, Consultant
- Linda Hocking, Curator of Library and Archives, Litchfield Historical Society
- Daniel Johnson, Digital Preservation Librarian, University of Iowa
- Holly Mengel, Manuscripts Cataloging Librarian, University of Pennsylvania
- Matthew Peek, Military Collections Archivist, State Archives of North Carolina
- Kelly Revak, Processing Archivist, Library of Congress