CLR Case Studies–Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh has established a regional
Electronic Information Network (the EIN) at http://www.clpgh.org/ein, which links
40 public libraries and their branches at 60 sites across Allegheny
- The library is building an electronic library of resources accessible
through its homepage (http://www.clpgh.org).
- Internet access is available from every terminal and workstation
in the main library and branches, and to patrons who dial in from
their homes, offices, or schools.
- The library owns and operates a community-based information system,
the Three Rivers Free-net (http://trfn.clpgh.org), which provides information
from local nonprofit organizations.
- The library continues its tradition of collaboration with local
nonprofit organizations to develop programs in an electronic environment.